NAVC benefits of the Professional Associations
The complex provision that is Further Education and Training, with very diverse provision of Education and Training programmes and learners. No one body can facilitate
Associations for each sector are vitally important as they understand the sector, the needs of teachers and students within the sector and the programme location within the further education and training sector.
Association contributes to the Professionalization of the work being done on the ground and of the sector.
National Executive and Regional Network provides a united voice for VTOS Co-ordinators on issues of common concern. NAVC is a respected education partner represented on relevant local, regional and national bodies both statutory and non-statutory.
The Association represents the views of VTOS Co-ordinators to the Department of Education and Skills and shows leadership in the formulation of education policy. The key priority is to enable the principal and deputy to be the leader of learning in their centre.
Association, to turn the challenges we face into opportunities for our members, for our ETB colleagues and for adult learners
Conference is the mechanism to bring colleagues together
- Support for colleagues
- Support of colleagues
- Sharing experiences
- Maintaining best practice
- Mentoring of colleagues
- Updates on current education and training practice
- Professional Development
- Liaison with stakeholders
- Represent the interests of its members
- Update on employment trends and skills shortages
- Contribute to National Policy on behalf of members
- The association provides a structure and focus for members
Association seeks to build the capability of the Association and its members in order to contribute positively to the national adult learning and skills agenda.
The NAVC represents the interests of VTOS co-ordinators employed by ETBs across Ireland. The Association promotes the on-going professional development of its members and supports them in all aspects of their work.
- Represent the views of its members nationally.
- Provide a base for the provision of information and services.
- Provide a contact point for VTOS co-ordinators to seek support and advice.
- Research issues of relevance to VTOS co-ordinators.
- Promote the co-ordination and development of services and facilities for unemployed adults
The NAVC plays a vital role both in informing and implementing policy at Regional and National levels in the changing landscape of Adult & Further Education.
This Association is uniquely placed as a pivotal link between the Department of Education and Skills, VTOS Co-ordinators and Educational Practitioners. Together we can ensure that VTOS retains its unique ethos and excellent outcomes for all of our learners and continues to be a programme that delivers the highest quality education in both academic and social terms.